Author & illustrator: Simona Čechová
Handing territories: Complex Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and English market
Foreign rights sold: French, Italian, Czech, Simplified Chinese (magazine edition only), Korean, Mongolian, Bulgarian.
English translation available.
Original and publishing language: Slovak
Size: 195 x 195 mm
Binding : Hardcover
Publication date: October 2020
在花園盡頭的堆肥中，在蛋殼和蘋果皮下面，有一個小生物——蚯蚓弗蘭基。 儘管天生就是一堆快樂的東西，但令弗蘭基感到困擾的是：與花園裡的朋友們不同，他認為自己無法做任何有用的事情。例如螞蟻會蓋房子，蜘蛛會織網，蜜蜂會給花授粉。 但是弗蘭基：一隻整天只是挖地面走廊的蚯蚓覺得自己什麼都不會做。 但是真的是這樣嗎？
除了具有強烈生態學意義的故事以及製備自製堆肥的說明外，西蒙娜·切切瓦（Simona Čechová）的新繪本Frankie from the Compost Pile還傳遞一個信息：儘管有時我們覺得像弗蘭基這麼小的看似不必要的生物顯得微不足道，但我們每個人在地球上都有屬於自己的位置，我們應該找到自己擅長的東西並引以為豪。
Simona Čechová (1988)：
Joey the Beekeeper 是她插圖和寫的第一本書。
（布拉迪斯拉發的魔幻大都市 – 由米哈爾·赫沃里基（Michal Hvorecký）撰寫，莫諾克爾（Monokel）發行，2018年）
Simona Čechová 其他作品：Joey the Beekeeper（簡體字和繁體字版權存在）
In a compost pile at the end of a garden, under the eggshells and apple peel, lives a small creature – Frankie the earthworm. And although he is by nature a cheerful fellow, it bothers him that unlike his friends from the garden, he cannot do anything useful – the ant builds houses, the spider makes webs, and the bee pollinates flowers. But František, who only digs small tunnels in the ground all day long, feels useless. Is he really, though? In addition to a story that carries a strong ecological message, Simona Čechová’s new illustrated book also provides instructions for making your own compost pile.
About the author
Simona Čechová (1988)
is a Slovak illustrator and beekeeper. Joey the Beekeeper is her first book she illustrated and wrote as well. She grew up with bees and learned the craft from her father, who learned from his father and so on … In the Čech family, beekeeping has over 120 years’ tradition.
Simona studied at University of Bedfordshire in England and at Edinburgh Napier University in Scotland, she is also a member of ASIL – Slovak Illustrators Association.
She has experience in editorial illustration, product branding and communication, but her biggest passion is book illustration.
Simona has illustrated several books, mainly picturebooks, her recent picturebook is about Slovakia’s capital city Bratislava which got published last year and was translated into French and English language the same year. (Bratislava the Magic Metropolis – writen by Michal Hvorecký, published by Monokel, 2018)
Festivals and exhibitions
- BIB – Biennial of Illustrations 2019, Bratislava (Slovak republic)
- Solo exhibition – Joe the beekeeper, Galerie Krystal 2018, Havířov (Czech republic)
- TVOR! Farbrika Umenia, Mestská kniznica Partiáznske 2017, Partizánske (Slovakia)
- Creative Expo Taiwan 2017, Taipei Expo Park, Taipei (Taiwan)
- Solo exhibition-Three Kittens of Aunt Mily, AF bookshop 2016, Trnava (Slovakia)
- LUSTR illustration festival 2014, Prague (Czech republic)
- Solo exhibition Artforum bookshop 2012, Trnava (Slovakia)
- MOR HO Collective 2013, London (UK)
- International Festival of Animation Arts 2012, Saint-Pétersbourg (Russia)
- Animateka 2012, Maribor and Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Supertoon 2012, Island of Brac (Croatia)
- Monstra Festival 2011, Lisbon (Portugal)
- Fest Anca 2011, Zilina (Slovakia)
- Festival du court métrage 2011, Altkirch (France)
- Festival Internazionale Cortometraggi 2011, Malesco (Italy)
- DA&D New Blood 2010, London (UK)